Your Registration fee covers your Injury Insurance premium. AOSA Insurance is limited (see summary below) and AOSA recommends that all players have their own private health insurance.
Upon registering into a team for a competition, you must read the “conditions of play’ before signing, to ensure you fully understand them.
You must hold an ‘Individual Registration Card’ / Number to be insured when playing Oztag.
· If you do not have one of these, please see your Competition Manager. If you have lost your ‘Individual Registration Card’, please see your Competition Manager who will look up your number and supply you with your Registration number (keep this for future seasons).
· If a convener is required to look up your number multiple times you may be charged an administration fee.
At each game, you must sign on a ‘Team Sign on Sheet’ or enter your Number into a PDA System to be insured. Each competition varies in relation to the Sign On System. The injured player must report any injury sustained whilst playing the game of Oztag to the Competition Manager or an Oztag Official immediately.
· If the injured player cannot, a representative from the team must do so.
· If this is not done on the night/day of the injury, you will not be covered by Insurance.
· The Competition Manager will record the injury on a ‘Nightly Insurance Report’ which will be kept by the Manager and a copy sent to Australian Oztag Sports Association Head office.
If you are an Injured player, contact Sportscover on 1300 134 956, to place a claim of Injury.
Sportscover will explain anything you need to know and a Claim form will then be forwarded to you.
A Player will not be able to make a claim if they do not have an Oztag ‘Individual Registration Number’.
AN EXCESS OF $200 APPLIES TO EACH CLAIM
LOSS OF INCOME INSURANCE IS NOT INCLUDED (refer loss of Income Team Insurance below)
Private Health Insurance MUST be claimed, prior to submitting a claim to Sportscover.
Medicare Costs for the Gap cannot be claimed through Sportscover.
· Policy Limit for Medical is $2500 per injury per annum.
· Medical benefits Covers 50% of the invoice.
· Physiotherapy benefit is 75% of the invoice.
PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
All Oztag players, coaches, managers, administrators and referees are automatically covered under Sportscover Sports Injury Insurance.
This Insurance covers the entire Oztag Competitions/Tournaments throughout the year.
This insurance provides compensation for the following:
· Capital Benefits - Permanent Quadriplegia or Paraplegia, Accidental Death to $75k.
· Policy Limit - $2500 per Injury/ per annum.
· Medical Benefits - Covers 50% of the invoice.
· Physiotherapy Benefit - Covers 75% of the invoice.
· AN EXCESS OF $200 APPLIES TO EACH CLAIM
· LOSS OF INCOME IS NOT INSURED
LOSS OF INCOME INSURANCE
The current cover you have under your Associations covers you for death (inc permanent disability) and non-medicare medicals (i.e physio, dental etc)
It does not however include loss of income cover.
You can now purchase ‘Loss of Income Insurance’ for your team at a low cost of $110.00 (incl GST). This can only be done on a team basis not individual.
You can purchase this additional cover by completing the registration form (below) and send it back with payment (credit card details) to:
Ausure Insurance Brokers (Aust) PTY LTD
GPO Box 2268
Refer to the below links for more details: